Americans don't want phones searched without a warrant iPhone X edged out by iPhone 8 (and Note 8), says Consumer Reports I went to buy an iPhone X. T-Mobile told me it wasn't worth it

But Joswiak insisted: "With all of those components, this is one of the most densely packed technology areas I think we've ever done. It's one of the most sophisticated pieces of technology we've ever done in such an incredibly small space."
I confess that when I first handled an iPhone X, I thought the notch wasn't quite as ugly as I'd feared.
For Joswiak, however, it represents an ambition achieved.
"Forget all those stories you heard about us trying to map fingerprints into the back, we had a line of sight on how to do real facial recognition, in a way never done before. It would be really hard to do, but we just didn't want to do it the way others had, which could literally be spoofed with a picture."
Some say, though, that the FaceID system on the iPhone X can be spoofed by, say, your child.
Apple didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
We each have our own ideas of what's fantastic. Some think Apple's phones too simplistic, with an ecosystem that prevents personalization. Indeed, on my recent visits to various carrier stores, I've often found salespeople telling me they prefer Android phones precisely because they can "do more" with them.
Others believe Apple makes the phones to which everyone should aspire.
Still, the quest for fantastic is never over.
Why, imagine the reactions at Apple when Consumer Reports concluded that the iPhone X wasn't quite as good as, oh, the iPhone 8.

Comments